APA Los Angeles provides this Consultant Directory as a free service. Add a listing free of charge. Submissions are subject to review for relevance to the planning community and will be published upon approval.
If you would like to update an existing listing for your firm or service, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The current list is outdated to a large degree. We request that consultants who desire to be listed here re-input their information to be sure it is current.
Alcohol Policy Advisors, LLC
Our Nuisance-Free Bars training workshop for planners helps them understand and apply research-supported “best and smart practices” in formulating and writing conditions of approval for on-sale alcohol businesses (“bars”). Armed with this know-how, planners can exercise their full capacity to influence the development of a healthy community. Benefits to the community include reduced public nuisance complaints and calls for service, reduced public safety expenses, reduced high-risk intoxication and harm inside bars and on the road, and improved bar compliance and economic prosperity for the city and bars. The three-hour, instructor-led workshop includes:
- How communities have greater resources and flexibility than State government to prevent and reduce harm from bars
- The trend towards local control over retail alcohol sales in California
- Relevant studies on alcohol consumption
- Alcohol’s impact on nuisance complaints and economic prosperity for the city and bars
- How poor bar management practices impact nuisance complaints, public safety expenses, and bar profitability
- How best and smart practices reduce nuisance complaints and calls for police service—and improve economic prosperity for the city and bars
Founded as a limited liability company in 2016, Alcohol Policy Advisors, LLC is based in Irvine, California, and provides training throughout the state to planners, law enforcement, and bar owners. Founders and trainers Lauren Tyson and Gregg Hanour have more than 50 years of combined experience in managing and regulating bars. Lauren Tyson worked at the California Department of Alcoholic Beverage Control for 29 years, where, as a peace officer, she designed and managed the state’s award-winning Licensee Education on Alcohol and Drugs (LEAD) Program. For over 20 years, Gregg Hanour owned and managed iconic nightspots in Orange County. He authored the book, A Business Approach to Reducing Drunk Driving and is a member of local and state DUI task forces.
Check out our website