What is an Irving Planter and Does it Require Frequent Watering? – An Evening with Steve Preston
January 16, 2018 from 6:30 PM to 8:30 PM
Taix Restaurant, 1911 West Sunset Boulevard, Los Angeles, CA 90026
SCPC and APA Los Angeles Present:
What Is an Irving Planter, and Does it Require Frequent Watering?
This, and Other Questions You Never Thought to Ask
An Evening with Steve Preston
Tuesday, January 16, 2018
Meet and Greet at 6:30 p.m.
Dinner at 7:00 p.m.
Steve Preston retires this month after a distinguished, 38-year career in city management and planning. Currently San Gabriel’s city manager, Steve has spent his career as a tireless advocate for good planning. Formerly serving on APA’s Board of Directors, Steve is a past president of both APA California and the California Planning Roundtable. A Fellow of the American Institute of Certified Planners and past member of the Planning Accreditation Board, Steve has also taught at USC and Cal Poly Pomona, dedicating his knowledge and experience to future generations of planners.
We have asked Steve to share a few observations from his years in practice, giving thought to these questions:
- How you overcame any challenges;
- What lessons about service ‘from the trenches’ you would have for those of us still working or entering the field;
- What you found to be the best practices in municipal government that have influenced your life in a positive way;
- How to ensure sustainability, including equity and inclusiveness, in a perfect world, or
- Whatever you would like to say to a crowd of folks who still want to believe in positive change despite these dark days of American politics.
No small mission! Join us for an inspiring evening as Steve reflects on a career devoted to planning leadership and excellence in public service.
Cost: $40 general public, $25 for students with ID
1.5 CM credits
To register, please visit here.