Federal Facility Planner
MAKERS architecture and urban design / San Diego, CA
Posted on: May 9, 2018
MAKERS’ federal planning team has an opportunity in our San Diego office for a planner with military planning experience including facility master plans, project development studies, design guidelines, strategic plans, and asset management.
The candidate will:
- Maintain effective working relationships with the military planning team.
- Typically receive instruction from and work under the direction of a senior level planner and/or project manager.
- Compile and analyze data involved in decision-making process; conduct technical research; interpret and apply policies and guidance; organize, prioritize, and independently perform work assignments on multiple projects.
- Prepare narrative reports and supporting graphics to convey complex information in a clear, concise, and positive manner as well as prepare visual aids and make public presentations in a competent and professional manner.
- Strong organizational and time management skills with an understanding of project timelines and deadlines.
Required Experience / Skills / Education
- Bachelors degree in Planning, Architecture, Landscape Architecture, or a related field
- Experience with Microsoft Office and Adobe Suite is required. AutoCAD and GIS experience is desired.
- Demonstrated experience with DoD military planning of 3 years including facility requirements development and analysis, asset evaluations, master planning, and DD form 1391 preferred.
- Valid US driver’s license
- Have or be able to obtain security clearance
- Ability to travel
Please send a cover letter, resume and work samples to: StefaniW@makersarch.com. No phone calls please.
MAKERS is an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. MAKERS will verify employment eligibility with e-verify.