California State University Northridge / Northridge, CA
Posted on: May 11, 2018
The Department of Urban Studies and Planning is seeking applicants for the 2018-19 academic year to teach the following courses:
- URBS 150 – Discover the City
- URBS 310 – Sustainable Growth and Development of Cities
- URBS 350 – Cities of the Developing World
- URBS 380 – Los Angeles
The application deadline has been extended to May 25, 2018. You will find the course description and positions available on the department’s website at:
Required Experience / Skills / Education
- Completion of a master’s degree is required, Ph.D. desired, in urban studies, planning (city, urban, regional, etc.), or a closely related field.
- Prior university or college level teaching experience desired with positive teaching evaluations.
- Ability to teach/mentor a diverse student population.
Applicants must submit a current resume and a cover letter which describes their contributions to diversity and designates specific courses or areas they are interested in teaching and, whenever possible, times available for teaching assignments. The resume should include educational background, prior teaching experience, evidence of scholarship, and/or related professional experience.