City of Lomita / Lomita, CA
Posted on: May 15, 2018
The City of Lomita is now accepting applications for Planning Intern. The Planning Intern assists the Community Development Department in the daily functions of the planning division, and performs related duties as required. This is a part-time position which is limited to 1,000 hours per year; NO BENEFITS.
- Assisting planning customers at the public counter.
- Conducting field inventories.
- Responding to zoning inquiries.
- Assisting with minor code enforcement related activities.
- Employees are required to report to duty on time and ready to work.
- Currently the working hours for this position are limited to 20 hours per week.
- The ideal candidate will be available three days per week for six to seven hours each day.
Required Experience / Skills / Education
Qualified applicants must possess a High School or GED diploma, a bachelor’s degree, or be a senior in a recognized bachelor’s degree program, in urban planning, public administration, geography or closely-related field.
Must possess a valid California Driver’s License
Have reliable transportation.
Please submit a City job application to: City of Lomita, Human Resources, 24300 Narbonne Avenue, Lomita, CA 90717. This position is open until filled. For additional information, please contact Deborah Dixon, Human Resources Advisor, at (310) 325-7110, extension 151 or email@example.com. All applicants will be screened in relation to the criteria outlined in this job announcement. Only those candidates determined to be the most qualified on the basis of experience, training, and education will be invited to participate further in the selection process. The City of Lomita is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The City job application is available online at: http://www.lomita.com/cityhall/jobs/.