APA Los Angeles provides this job bank as a free service. Add a job posting. Submissions are subject to review for relevance to the planning community and will be published upon approval.
After you submit your job posting through the above form, consider browsing the APA Los Angeles resume book for potential hires. The resume book allows job-seeking planners to showcase their work histories and professional skills to prospective employers. If you would like to request access to the resume book, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
STV / Los Angeles, CA
Posted on: May 22, 2018
We currently have an opening in our Los Angeles office for a Planner for our Transportation and Infrastructure division. Key responsibilities will include:
Lead the preparation of environmental technical reports and documents that comply with the requirements of the National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA) and California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA), including mitigation monitoring and reporting programs/plans (MMRPs).
Responsibilities would include field work, field verification of requirements from MMRPs, interfacing with engineers, architects, planners, public agencies, construction contractors, and other environmental field personnel to support environmental compliance during construction.
STV is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities.
Required Experience / Skills / Education
- Years: 7-10
- Education: Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s degree preferred. Degrees in Environmental Studies, Environmental Science, Public Policy, Geography, Urban Planning, Architecture, Transportation Planning or related fields are preferred.
- Licenses: AICP, LEED AP, LEED GA, and/or ENV SP preferred
- Software: Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and ArcGIS required. Proficiency in Adobe Suite strongly preferred.
- Agencies: N/A
- Key Attributes: Strong verbal and written communication skills. Multi-tasking abilities. Strong project management skills and experience. Time and task management with multiple projects and deadlines running concurrently.
- Other: Minimum of seven (7) years of professional experience with National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA) and California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA) required. Specifically, preparation of NEPA/CEQA environmental technical reports and documents. Also must have experience preparing and deploying Mitigation Monitoring and Reporting Plans/Programs (MMRPs) for active construction projects.