APA Los Angeles provides this job bank as a free service. Add a job posting. Submissions are subject to review for relevance to the planning community and will be published upon approval.
After you submit your job posting through the above form, consider browsing the APA Los Angeles resume book for potential hires. The resume book allows job-seeking planners to showcase their work histories and professional skills to prospective employers. If you would like to request access to the resume book, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Senior Planner/Project Manager
Gruen Associates / Los Angeles
Posted on: July 31, 2020
Application Deadline: Open until filled
Gruen Associates is an award-winning international planning, urban design, architecture, transportation, and landscape architecture firm, headquartered in Los Angeles for over 70 years. We provide services to clients in both the public and private sectors, including cities, transportation agencies, other public agencies and developers. For more information, Gruen Associates’ long-term planning legacy, a list of projects, and recent planning/urban design awards, please refer to our website: www.gruenassociates.com.
The position provides opportunities to lead the award-winning planning, urban design and landscape departments and be a project manager for a wide range of exciting projects, including TODs, planning and design for mass transit and transportation projects, specific plans, master plans, EIRs, campus projects, revitalization plans, streetscape projects, and community plans for both public and private sectors.
Required Experience / Skills / Education
Position requires experience/expertise in:
- Hands-on project management Management of a small staff Proposal writing
- Business development in California Land use/urban planning/design
- Excellent writing and communication skills Strong physical design and policy planning
- Carrying a project from conceptual design through construction documents desirable
- Expertise in innovative outreach and consensus building and design guidelines.
- A Masters degree in Planning or a related field and at least 15 years experience in planning/urban design is required, with at least 5 years at a private consulting firm.
- Experience in transportation planning and an undergraduate degree in Architecture or Landscape Architecture, and AICP are desirable.
Please send a cover letter and resume via email to email@example.com.