APA Los Angeles provides this job bank as a free service. Add a job posting. Submissions are subject to review for relevance to the planning community and will be published upon approval.
Senior Environmental Planner
ICF / Los Angeles, CA
Posted on: September 2, 2020
Application Deadline: Open until Filled
ICF is currently seeking a Senior Environmental Planner/ Project Manager for CEQA/NEPA and other environmental compliance documents to be based in our Los Angeles, CA office.
The primary duties of the Senior Environmental Planner/ Project Manager are to manage midsize projects and assist senior project managers with larger project/program coordination and environmental impact analyses for planning and development, transportation/ports, infrastructure, and energy projects. At minimum, the position includes coordinating the effort of multidisciplinary teams tasked with conducting research, preparing technical documents/deliverables, and interfacing with external clients and public/private agencies. This role could include supporting multiple project managers, in different offices, on a variety of project types, but with particular focus on Transportation projects.
- Serve as a project manager on midsize projects and as a deputy project manager on larger projects/programs, overseeing the preparation of documents, reports, presentations, technical memoranda, public notices, forms, and other work products
- Conduct research; write proficiently; and manage multiple project schedules with competing deadlines and budget constraints.
- Provide support to key sector clients, including interest and availability to function as on-site client staff.
- Assist with public outreach activities, including presenting, as well as implementing communication strategies
- Manage multiple meetings with a variety of stakeholders
- Help mentor junior staff
- Strictly adhere to professional standards, including but not limited to: demonstrated consistency and reliability, timeliness in meeting project deadlines, communicate clearly and concisely, and work responsibly – on a team or independently.
Required Experience / Skills / Education
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in urban planning, transportation/transit planning, environmental studies, or related field. (Master’s Degree in a related field desirable)
- 7+ years of professional work related experience.
- Experience preparing environmental analyses for CEQA/NEPA documents, particularly land use development and transportation/ports projects.
- Experience in a private environmental consulting or public agency environment.
- Work experience with ports, transportation/transit agencies, state/county/city planning agencies, or regulatory agencies in the State of California.
- Advanced knowledge and understanding of environmental planning and other environmental principles.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with experience interfacing with external clients, members of the general public, and government officials.
- Strong analytical skills, including attention to detail.
- Strong project management skills, including ability to take and give direction, stay organized, and manage time effectively.
- Commitment to overseeing production of quality work within established budgets and schedules.
- Strong work ethic with a positive attitude.
- Ability to exercise tact and courtesy working with internal staff.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite Applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project) and Microsoft Project.
ICF offers an excellent benefits package, an award winning talent development program, and fosters a highly skilled, energized and empowered workforce.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity)
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email email@example.com and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
To submit your application you can use the link below or email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org