APA Los Angeles provides this job bank as a free service. Add a job posting. Submissions are subject to review for relevance to the planning community and will be published upon approval.
After you submit your job posting through the above form, consider browsing the APA Los Angeles resume book for potential hires. The resume book allows job-seeking planners to showcase their work histories and professional skills to prospective employers. If you would like to request access to the resume book, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
RRM Design Group / San Juan Capistrano
Posted on: November 10, 2020
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
RRM Design Group is currently seeking a full-time Associate Planner to join our team in our San Juan Capistrano office. The successful candidate will thrive in a collaborative environment and have a passion for preparing quality work. Excellent problem-solving and decision-making skills; good verbal and written communication skills; strong interpersonal skills; experience working on planning projects, including general plans, specific plans, housing elements, design guidelines, and/or zoning codes.
Core Duties and Responsibilities:
- Effectively conduct research and analysis of code requirements, laws and ordinances, CEQA, and official records resulting in recommendations and document preparation.
- Write text-based documents such as general plans, specific plans, housing elements, design guidelines, zoning codes, and/or other policy documents.
- Prepare presentation graphics, ArcGIS mapping, workshop materials and assist with public outreach events.
- Ability to understand site and development plans and familiarity with development review processes.
- Assist with project coordination.
- Excellent problem-solving and decision-making skills; good verbal and written communication skills; strong interpersonal skills; experience working on planning projects, including general plans, specific plans, housing elements, design guidelines, and/or zoning codes.
Required Experience / Skills / Education
- 3-6 years of relevant work experience.
- Bachelor’s Degree in City and Regional Planning, or other related field.
- Working knowledge of California Planning and Development Law and CEQA.
- Proficient in, Microsoft Office and the Adobe Suite, and particularly with InDesign.
- An understanding of other graphic software programs (e.g. ArcGIS, AutoCAD, etc.) is beneficial.
- Preferred experience with: site and land use planning and design, entitlement processing, and contract planning.
- Proficiency in Spanish strongly desired but not required.
RRM Design Group is a 100% employee owned multi-discipline design firm with a full spectrum of services including architecture, landscape architecture, planning, civil and structural engineering, and surveying. Our offices are located along the California coast from Orange County to the Bay Area. Our professionals work on engaging projects in several diverse markets throughout the state.
Employee ownership brings with it a vested interest in creating and providing equitable opportunities and career paths for our employees. Our retention rate speaks for itself: over one-third of our workforce has been with us for a decade or more. Ensuring the health and happiness of our RRM family is paramount to how we run our business. In addition to the employee stock ownership program, RRM offers a competitive compensation and benefits package, including full medical, dental, vision, and 401(k) with an Employer Match.
Please apply through our job posting at this link: https://recruiting.paylocity.com/Recruiting/Jobs/Details/347261