APA Los Angeles provides this job bank as a free service. Add a job posting. Submissions are subject to review for relevance to the planning community and will be published upon approval.
After you submit your job posting through the above form, consider browsing the APA Los Angeles resume book for potential hires. The resume book allows job-seeking planners to showcase their work histories and professional skills to prospective employers. If you would like to request access to the resume book, please contact email@example.com.
Senior Affordable Housing Analyst
Metro / Portland, Oregon area
Posted on: January 6, 2021
Application Deadline: 1/25/21
Are you looking for an opportunity to work as a public servant helping to build and create new programs and innovative approaches that result in housing solutions for those most in need? Do you have professional experience creating or managing affordable housing projects and portfolios? Are you a collaborative, solutions-oriented professional with a track record of building and maintaining relations with diverse stakeholders? Do you believe that advancing racial justice is the work of advancing housing solutions too? If you answered yes to these questions, then we hope you consider applying for this position!
Metro’s Senior Affordable Housing Analyst is a newly created position in Metro’s Planning and Development department that will lead regional oversight and coordination of a capital investment portfolio funded by the affordable housing bond, including evaluating funding proposals and monitoring development progress, outcomes, and compliance. This position will be a part of the dynamic and growing housing team working to implement and oversee two voter-approved housing measures: the 2018 affordable housing bond measure and the 2020 supportive housing services measure. This is a unique opportunity for a housing and racial justice minded individual to work on one of the most pressing issues of our time: ending homelessness with affordable housing!
What you will do
In this role, you’ll be part of a team that manages and oversees Metro’s Equitable Housing program, Housing Bond program, and new Supportive Housing Services program . You’ll manage housing and development projects centered on achieving equitable outcomes across multiple community stakeholders, partners and jurisdictions. Additionally, this role will:
Project and Program Analysis:
- Analyze affordable housing development funding proposals for program eligibility, due diligence and financial feasibility
- Analyze affordable housing development metrics and synthesize findings to support performance evaluation and reporting
- Conduct technical and policy analysis to support integration of supportive housing services funding with affordable housing bond investments
- Analyze ongoing asset monitoring and occupancy data to evaluate compliance and progress toward policy goals
- Analyze local implementation progress reports to ensure alignment with the goals and bond program requirements
Program Management and Maintenance:
- Track development project and construction timelines and coordinate high-level financial monitoring and forecasting
- Develop and maintain procedures and data management systems for project evaluation and monitoring
- Develop and administer technical assistance to support implementing jurisdictions and housing developers/providers
- Develop and maintain systems for basic ongoing asset and occupancy monitoring in coordination with other government agencies
- Independently and proactively initiate, develop and coordinate special projects and agency benchmarking to provide data and reports
- Lead discussions with partner jurisdictions staff and other practitioners and technical stakeholders regarding key areas of programmatic coordination and policy consideration
- Establish and maintain effective, collaborative working relationships with peers, management, contractors, local government partners, and the public
Traits for success
- Advanced knowledge of principles of affordable housing finance and development
- Knowledge of affordable housing asset management and monitoring principles and practices
- Knowledge of the root causes of homelessness and the housing and service models effective in creating housing stability
- Knowledge of the root causes of racial disparities in housing outcomes, and the programs and policies aimed at advancing racial equity in housing
- Advanced Excel user skills
- Advanced real-estate pro forma analysis
- Advanced communication skills, both orally and in writing
This position is not represented and is classified as a Sr. Management Analyst(click to read the full classification). Classification descriptions are typically written broadly and do not include the specific duties and responsibilities of the positions.
Work location: In response to COVID-19, work will generally be performed off-site (remote/telework) until the Metro Regional Center reopens.
Additional Information Related to COVID-19: The health and safety of our employees and community is a top priority for Metro. Employees will be required to follow all Metro COVID-related policies and procedures, which may meet or exceed guidelines set forth by the CDC, Oregon Health Authority, and other federal, state and local jurisdictions. Learn more at oregonmetro.gov/COVID-19.
Hello, we’re Metro
Across greater Portland in 24 cities and three counties, there’s one local government that brings us all together. Led by an elected council, Metro helps Oregonians shape the future and provides services that make life better today. Metro’s work spans parks and nature, land and transportation, garbage and recycling, and arts and events. We help make greater Portland a great place to call home.
Required Experience / Skills / Education
- Five years of relevant experience, and
- A bachelor’s degree in public administration, community development, urban planning, real estate development, business, economics or related field. Or
- Any combination of experience and education that provides the necessary skills, knowledge and ability to perform assigned tasks
Metro accepts job applications online. If you need assistance or accommodation with your application, or access to a computer, call 503-797-1570.