APA Los Angeles provides this job bank as a free service. Add a job posting. Submissions are subject to review for relevance to the planning community and will be published upon approval.
After you submit your job posting through the above form, consider browsing the APA Los Angeles resume book for potential hires. The resume book allows job-seeking planners to showcase their work histories and professional skills to prospective employers. If you would like to request access to the resume book, please contact email@example.com.
RRM Design Group / San Juan Capistrano
Posted on: March 3, 2021
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
RRM Design Group is currently seeking a full-time Senior Planner with a passion for housing as a tool to advance equity and create great places; interest in affordable housing development; and knowledge of a range of federal and state housing programs. This individual will work to expand housing choice and opportunity throughout California through inclusionary development policy and other zoning initiatives. The successful candidate will help prepare and manage a wide range of key planning documents, including General and Community Plans, housing studies (including the preparation of Housing Elements), ordinances, and environmental documents. They will thrive in a collaborative environment, have a passion for preparing quality work, and a desire to manage projects and support business development.
The Senior Planner will collaborate with RRM architects, engineers, landscape architects and planners to produce high quality projects. They will possess a strong understanding of project management fundamentals, exercise independence and judgement while receiving general supervision and support from senior management. They will help mentor and delegate to support staff. Candidate must have excellent problem-solving and decision-making skills; good verbal and written communication skills; and strong interpersonal skills. The ideal candidate will enjoy tackling challenges, bring an intellectual curiosity, and thrive in a fast-paced setting. Post COVID implications, travel for business may be required for project work and interoffice coordination.
Required Experience / Skills / Education
- A minimum of seven (7) years of planning experience with increasing levels of responsibility
- Experience in the private and public sectors (development review and/or long-range planning) is preferred but not required
- Bachelor’s degree in urban planning, geography, public administration, environmental science or a related field.
- Knowledge of California current planning and development law and CEQA
- Site planning and land planning skills are desired but not required
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to manage project schedules and budgets
- Professional certification/registration preferred (AICP, CNU-A, LEED AP, etc.)