APA Los Angeles provides this job bank as a free service. Add a job posting. Submissions are subject to review for relevance to the planning community and will be published upon approval.
After you submit your job posting through the above form, consider browsing the APA Los Angeles resume book for potential hires. The resume book allows job-seeking planners to showcase their work histories and professional skills to prospective employers. If you would like to request access to the resume book, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
TransLink Consulting, LLC / Fullerton, CA (currently remote)
Posted on: April 14, 2021
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
TransLink Consulting, LLC is a transportation consulting firm specializing in the planning of transit, parking and alternate modes. We are looking to add a highly motivated Transportation Planner to our SBE/DBE firm.
The primary duties of a Transportation Planner are to assist with the preparation of qualitive and quantitative transportation and land use analyses, technical writing and research to support environmental documents, alternatives analysis and mobility planning. These will include all modes of travel, with a strong emphasis on transit and active transportation projects. This person will also be responsible to coordinate with internal project managers, staff from teaming partners, and agency representatives.
Required Experience / Skills / Education
- Conduct research; write proficiently, and manage multiple project schedules with competing deadlines and budget constraints.
- Assist with preparation of documents, reports, presentations, technical memoranda, public notices, forms, and other work products.
- Assist with public outreach activities, including presenting, as well as implementing communication strategies and providing technical support for website and social media updates
- Manage multiple meetings with a variety of stakeholders.
- Prepare agendas, meeting minutes and staff reports, plus maintain project schedules.
- Strictly adhere to professional standards, including but not limited to: demonstrated consistency and reliability, timeliness in meeting project deadlines, communicate clearly and concisely, and work responsibly – on a team or independently.
- Represent TransLink to key sector clients in a professional manner at all times.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in urban planning, transportation/transit planning, environmental studies, or related field.
- 3-5 years of professional work-related experience.
- Experience preparing environmental analyses for CEQA/NEPA documents, particularly land use development and transportation/transit projects.
- Knowledge and understanding of environmental planning and other environmental principles.
- Experience working under the direction of transportation/transit agencies, state/county/city planning agencies, or regulatory agencies in the State of California.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong analytical skills, ability to take direction, and willingness to learn.
- Strong organizational and time management skills, including attention to detail.
- Commitment to producing quality work within established budgets and schedules.
- Strong work ethic with a positive attitude.
- Ability to exercise tact and courtesy in working with internal staff and external clients, members of the general public, and government officials.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite Applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project, Teams, etc.) and Adobe Acrobat.
- Can work remotely (e.g., home office) with consistent and reliable wi-fi connection, laptop/computer, and printer.
- Experience in mapping and data analytics within GIS.
- Experience within a consulting setting, and the ability to work independently and remotely (adhering to COVID-19 protocols).
- Work experience and familiarity with planning projects/programs throughout California.
- Business development experience OR willingness to learn.
Submit your resume, cover letter, and writing sample to the Sr. Principal and Owner of TransLink Consutling, LLC, Lisa M. Young at email@example.com.