APA Los Angeles provides this job bank as a free service. Add a job posting. Submissions are subject to review for relevance to the planning community and will be published upon approval.
After you submit your job posting through the above form, consider browsing the APA Los Angeles resume book for potential hires. The resume book allows job-seeking planners to showcase their work histories and professional skills to prospective employers. If you would like to request access to the resume book, please contact email@example.com.
Three6ixty / Culver City
Posted on: July 29, 2022
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Three6ixty is a land use consulting firm providing a comprehensive range of Project Management, Planning, Outreach, and Advocacy services to our community. We specialize in complex projects including multi-family residential and mixed-use developments, creative office, food service, and hospitality projects. With offices in Culver City, three6ixty is committed to providing a new frontier of land use services to the real estate development community, property owners, public agencies, and non-profit organizations.
The Assistant Planner will provide assistance to the Project Management team with various land use entitlement services, community outreach, project permitting, and general administrative support while learning the political and urban planning landscape of Los Angeles and surrounding jurisdictions.
Required Experience / Skills / Education
Our ideal candidate:
- Is a smart, creative, and hard-working professional who enjoys learning and problem-solving;
- Has good people skills and is highly organized;
- Has a good working knowledge of Los Angeles urban geography (various municipalities, road and transit networks, neighborhoods characteristics);
- Can provide personal transportation to and from company office(s) and local destinations;
- Is interested in networking with development firms, architects, city staff, and elected officials;
- Is willing to become or already familiar with various departments and public processes in the City of Los Angeles and other jurisdictions;
- Is willing to become or already familiar with the Los Angeles Municipal Code and/or zoning codes and regulations of other jurisdictions as well as local and state land use policies;
- Has a desire to enhance skills in technical writing, professional communication, and negotiation;
- Has basic or advanced skills in visual communications (i.e. Digital presentations, graphic design, outreach posters, etc)
Typical tasks include:
- Assist with property research and due diligence memoranda, including zoning tables and analyses;
- Research and obtain building permit records and historic planning cases;
- Assist in the preparation, assembling and filing of entitlement applications with the City;
- Deliver/collect documents from City Planning, Building & Safety, and other agencies/depts;
- Assist with the facilitation of community outreach meetings, materials, activities, etc;
- Participate in project meetings and team conference calls;
- Conduct site visits and prepare photo exhibits, maps, and other visual exhibits;
- Assist with building permit clearances and related permitting services;
- Prepare written findings to support planning requests;
- Research various city ordinances and policy initiatives and attend public hearings;
- Other project-related activities as required/directed.
Education and Other Requirements
- Completed Bachelor’s degree required.
- Masters degree in Urban Planning or related field preferred.
- Must live in the metropolitan region of Los Angeles.
- This position required travel to/from various jurisdictions and thus applicants must own a car or have a reliable source of transportation
To apply, please send your resume and a brief cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org