APA Los Angeles provides this job bank as a free service. Add a job posting. Submissions are subject to review for relevance to the planning community and will be published upon approval.
After you submit your job posting through the above form, consider browsing the APA Los Angeles resume book for potential hires. The resume book allows job-seeking planners to showcase their work histories and professional skills to prospective employers. If you would like to request access to the resume book, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Transportation & TDM Coordinators
Steer / Los Angeles
Posted on: August 1, 2022
Application Deadline: Open until Filled
Steer is one of the leading independent consultancy firms working in the fields of multimodal transportation and mobility. We have a well-earned reputation for providing an independent perspective on a wide range of urban transportation issues and delivering thoughtful, innovative and effective programming of the highest quality.
We are looking for two talented and motivated individuals with backgrounds in transportation planning, engineering, marketing, outreach, or facilities to support management of the onsite transportation and transportation demand management (TDM) program at a global tech company in the Southern California region. We will be hiring one individual to take on a mid-level management role, overseeing and supporting two other Coordinators, and another individual in an entry-level/junior role.
The role of the Transportation & TDM Coordinator is to directly support the ongoing delivery of our client’s commute program. This will include implementing corporate mobility programs, developing transportation policies and initiatives, and utilizing behavior change techniques such as motivational interviewing to encourage multimodal commutes and reduce the client’s single occupancy vehicle rate. The role will support the development and implementation of parking policies, multimodal travel options, rewards and incentives while coordinating with Transportation Team members at other client offices across North America to ensure the delivery of a consistent and effective employee commute program.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage and coordinate day-to-day transportation operations onsite for our client’s offices in Venice, Playa Vista and Irvine and work closely with the other two local Transportation Coordinators
- Create shuttle, parking, and other commute data reports from vendors, including, but not limited to Tripshot, Luum, and Tableau
- Analyze and make recommendations based on data reports from the commute platform, parking data, and transportation services
- Support the implementation of parking policies and management strategies
- Manage and plan transportation events such as bike safety and awareness campaigns, commuter fairs, and one-to-one commuter engagement
- Manage and respond to employee inquiries and feedback and collaborate with the Transportation Team to organize shared documents and relay key issues/suggestions
- Encourage participation on the commute platform by managing marketing and communications such as web banners, resources and email blasts
- Identify and develop rewards and incentive programs for both new and existing employees
- Actively engage and partner with local facilities managers, vendors, parking operators, landlords and other key partners such as Transportation Management Associations (TMAs)
- Manage transportation program assets such as updating the transportation website and monitoring badge scanners in bike cages
- Work with other client sites across North America to create consistent TDM programs
- Collaborate on project management tasks across multiple teams via Asana
- Perform program related special projects and duties as directed by the client
- Stay informed about local transportation agencies and policies
Required Experience / Skills / Education
- 1-7 years’ experience in the public, private, or non-profit sector in a transportation, urban planning, marketing or outreach related field
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- Project/program management experience
- Good understanding of local transportation stakeholders, issues and policies
- Experience with transportation planning concepts, transportation demand management techniques, and communications/marketing for multimodal transportation
- Skills in the following software are recommended but not required: spreadsheets and databases, commute platforms, shuttle management programs
- The ideal candidate will be:
- self-motivated, thrive in a small team environment, and be willing to take on new challenges
- flexible in approaching employers/clients and able to adapt to different circumstances to achieve results
- highly organized and able to manage multiple tasks concurrently
Please apply on the Steer website: