APA Los Angeles provides this job bank as a free service. Add a job posting. Submissions are subject to review for relevance to the planning community and will be published upon approval.
After you submit your job posting through the above form, consider browsing the APA Los Angeles resume book for potential hires. The resume book allows job-seeking planners to showcase their work histories and professional skills to prospective employers. If you would like to request access to the resume book, please contact email@example.com.
Impact Sciences / Los Angeles, CA
Posted on: August 2, 2022
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Impact Sciences, a women-owned small business, is an environmental planning and consulting firm headquartered in Los Angeles with offices in San José and Oakland. Our primary service areas are California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA) and National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA) compliance. Impact Sciences is a growing company seeking professionals to further our vision and mission. We actively promote diversity and inclusivity within our workplace and through our actions.
Impact Sciences is seeking a Planner for our Los Angeles office, with the option to work remotely. An ideal candidate must have 3+ years of experience. With minimal supervision from the Principal or Project Manager, the Planner will have the following duties:
- Serve as a Deputy Project Manager or Task Manager on projects of basic or moderate complexity.
- Review subconsultant technical reports and client information to identify relevant information.
- Coordinate task delivery, handle logistics, disseminate and maintain project related information and resources.
- Prepare or direct project research and analysis.
- Demonstrate solid writing skills, contributing to complex environmental reports.
- Assist with budget tracking and invoicing.
- Conduct complex research and analysis, such as demographic information.
- Use critical thinking to identify project impacts and appropriate mitigation measures
Ideal candidates possess effective problem-solving ability and exceptional writing and editing capabilities as well as experience working with public- and private-sector clients in a private consulting firm environment. Knowledge of and experience with CEQA and NEPA compliance is preferred. Qualified candidates should have at least a B.A./B.S. in a related discipline and a minimum of 3 years of experience or a master’s degree and a minimum of 1 year of experience.
Impact Sciences offers competitive salaries and generous benefits, including health and dental insurance, retirement and financial, wellness and other work/life plans. Impact Sciences is also committed to diversity, wellness, and work-life balance. We work a modified 9/80 flex schedule with every other Friday off. Based in our downtown Los Angeles headquarters, this position is remote optional with occasional in-office working to support production projects.
Successful candidates will consistently exemplify Impact Sciences’ Core Values:
- We do what we say we’re going to do.
- We work together collaboratively.
- We talk out problems.
- We are curious about ideas.
- We provide tools to succeed.
Required Experience / Skills / Education
To apply, please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.