APA Los Angeles provides this job bank as a free service. Add a job posting. Submissions are subject to review for relevance to the planning community and will be published upon approval.
After you submit your job posting through the above form, consider browsing the APA Los Angeles resume book for potential hires. The resume book allows job-seeking planners to showcase their work histories and professional skills to prospective employers. If you would like to request access to the resume book, please contact email@example.com.
Gateway Cities Council of Governments / Paramount, CA
Posted on: October 20, 2022
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
The Gateway Cities Council of Governments (GCCOG) is seeking an experienced professional to assist in implementing a housing work program comprised of several separate projects. The Program Manager will help GCCOG oversee consultant contracts, as well as partnerships with non-profit, community-based organizations to ensure the successful, on time completion and delivery of work products. The ultimate goal is to support the COG’s member jurisdictions as they develop and implement housing related policies and programs.
Specifically, the Program Manager will:
- Oversee the implementation of housing related work program projects with agreements already in place. This will include managing consultants and non-profit partners to ensure the engagement and participation of Gateway Cities COG member jurisdictions in-order-to support their adoption and implementation of new housing policies and programs.
- Engage stakeholders in projects via meetings, workshops, or special events, hosted either by GCCOG partner community-based organizations, or public agencies.
- Create written content for outreach and social media materials.
- Develop and monitor scopes of work, schedules and project budgets, review and edit work products prepared by others, prepare monthly and quarterly grant progress reports.
- Support the development of contracts with relevant public agency funders.
- Monitor project budgets to assure that activities do not go beyond fund allocations or outside the scopes of work.
Required Experience / Skills / Education
To perform effectively in this position, the candidate is required to have:
- Demonstrated experience scoping and managing planning projects
- Exceptional organizational skills, must be detail oriented and able to work independently to complete projects on a deadline
- Strong oral and written communication skills, including editing for content, style and grammar
- Computer skills including preparation of spreadsheets, word processing and presentations
- Problem-solving skills demonstrating diplomacy and tact
- Ability to hit the ground running to achieve necessary results
- Ability to develop and maintain a goal-oriented, positive attitude and be an effective team player
- Ability to interface equally well with colleagues, city staff members, the Board of Directors, elected officials, and funders
- Interest in and/or knowledge of the communities of Southeast Los Angeles
- Flexibility to attend early morning, evening and weekend meetings, programs, and special events, as needed
- Annual salary is dependent upon experience. The position is a contract-based position based on availability of grant funding. A hybrid work schedule may be accommodated.
Please submit a cover letter and detailed resume to Genny Cisneros, Administrative Director, Gateway Cities Council of Governments at firstname.lastname@example.org. This position will remain open until filled. Interested applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible, as the position will be filled when a suitable candidate is identified. A cover letter and current resume are required to apply.