APA Los Angeles provides this job bank as a free service. Add a job posting. Submissions are subject to review for relevance to the planning community and will be published upon approval.
After you submit your job posting through the above form, consider browsing the APA Los Angeles resume book for potential hires. The resume book allows job-seeking planners to showcase their work histories and professional skills to prospective employers. If you would like to request access to the resume book, please contact email@example.com.
Principal Project Coordinator (9134)
City of Los Angeles – Economic and Workforce Development Department / 1200 W. 7th Street, 6th Floor, Los Angeles, California 90017
Posted on: October 27, 2022
Application Deadline: November 9, 2022
The Economic and Workforce Development Department (EWDD) is accepting applications to fill one (1) Principal Project Coordinator position. The position will be assigned to support the Real Estate Section in the Economic Development Division.
The duties and responsibilities also include, but are not limited to the following:
• Develop and implement long-term strategic plans on the use, reuse, management, and
disposition of the City’s real estate assets.
• Administers real estate or economic development transactions.
• Develop, issue, and oversee the process for Requests for Proposals (RFP) for City-owned
• Prepare site development and project feasibility analyses.
• Assist in negotiating contracts of sale, leases, and other contracts.
• Coordinate the evaluation of City-owned properties and facilities acquisition and/or
disposition for economic development purposes including:
o Coordinate public outreach and technical analysis
o Develop market studies
o Engage real estate professionals, appraisers, and other technical services
o Engage engineers and architects to develop concept plans and facility studies
o Oversight of environmental studies and/or clean-up efforts
o Utilize GIS and other graphic/mapping programs to analyze properties
o Preparing comprehensive reports for presentation to various public and
• Lead and participate in marketing efforts for City-owned properties and specific assetrelated projects.
• Prepare for property dispositions by leading preparation of legal description, clearing title
issues, leading subdivision process, addressing easements or dedications, preparing
escrow and ensuring proper recording, and preparing offers for land acquisition.
Required Experience / Skills / Education
The preferred candidate will possess a professional history that demonstrates the following
knowledge, experience, and qualities:
• A good knowledge of project management principles, methods, and techniques.
• Strong experience with real estate development and financing.
• Experience with economic development investment, including a background in evaluating
complex development projects and programs or financings.
• Strong oral and written communication skills, along with excellent organizational skills.
• Experience formulating funding recommendations and plans.
• Has managed real estate portfolios at varying development phases.
The City of Los Angeles is an Equal Opportunity Employer EDD 2022 – Page 2 of 3
1. A Bachelor’s Degree from a recognized four-year college or university in real estate,
urban planning, geography, business, finance, economics, or a closely related field.
2. Four (4) years of full-time paid professional experience in real estate development,
financing, public infrastructure development, or economic development.
HOW TO APPLY
Applications will only be accepted by email. Interested candidates should immediately submit
the following in PDF format:
1. Résumé detailing applicable background and work experience.
2. A completed City of Los Angeles job application (revised version dated 7/2018).
Applications may be accessed at https://per.lacity.org/application.pdf
The email must be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org The subject line must read, “Principal
Project Coordinator” – then the applicant’s first and last name.
Incomplete applications, including those stating “see résumé” for work experience, WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED
DEADLINE TO APPLY: Filing period may close at any time.