APA Los Angeles provides this job bank as a free service. Add a job posting. Submissions are subject to review for relevance to the planning community and will be published upon approval.
After you submit your job posting through the above form, consider browsing the APA Los Angeles resume book for potential hires. The resume book allows job-seeking planners to showcase their work histories and professional skills to prospective employers. If you would like to request access to the resume book, please contact email@example.com.
Entry to Junior-Level Transportation Planner
TransLink Consulting, LLC / Los Angeles/Orange County, CA
Posted on: March 2, 2023
Application Deadline: Open until filled
The primary duties of a Transportation Planner are to assist with the preparation transportation and land use analyses, technical writing and research to support environmental documents, alternatives analysis and mobility planning. These will include all modes of travel, with a strong emphasis on transit and active transportation projects. This person will also be responsible to coordinate with internal project managers, staff from teaming partners, and agency representatives.
Required Experience / Skills / Education
- Conduct research; write proficiently; and manage multiple project schedules with competing deadlines.
- Assist with preparation of documents, reports, presentations, technical memoranda, public notices, forms, and other work products.
- Assist with public outreach activities and providing technical support for website and social media updates.
- Adhere to professional standards, including but not limited to: consistency and reliability, timeliness in meeting project deadlines, communicate clearly and concisely, and work responsibly – on a team or independently.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in urban planning, transportation/transit planning, environmental studies, or related field.
- 1-5 years of professional work-related experience.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong analytical skills, ability to take direction, and willingness to learn.
- Strong organizational and time management skills, including attention to detail.
- Strong work ethic with a positive attitude.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite Applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project, Teams, etc.) and Adobe Acrobat/Adobe Illustrator.
- Can work remotely (e.g., home-office) with consistent and reliable wi-fi connection, laptop/computer, and printer.
- Experience in mapping and data analytics within GIS.
- Experience in InDesign and Graphics.
- Experience within a consulting setting, and the ability to work independently and remotely.
- Familiarity with planning projects/programs throughout California.
- Business development experience OR willingness to learn.
TransLink Consulting, LLC is a woman-owned, small business, transportation consulting firm specializing in the planning of transit, parking and alternate modes. Our goal is to enhance the linkages between communities and all modes of transportation through strategic and comprehensive planning. Through objective research, innovative planning and thorough technical analysis, we develop successful studies and reports that are consistent, comprehensive, and cost-effective.
TransLink serves clients throughout California and North Carolina.
If you perform well in a fast-paced, engaging, and collaborative environment, and would like to work with a team of industry professionals, we encourage you to learn more about TransLink (www.translinkconsult.com) and consider applying to join our team.
Please send cover letter and resume ASAP to: