APA Los Angeles provides this job bank as a free service. Add a job posting. Submissions are subject to review for relevance to the planning community and will be published upon approval.
After you submit your job posting through the above form, consider browsing the APA Los Angeles resume book for potential hires. The resume book allows job-seeking planners to showcase their work histories and professional skills to prospective employers. If you would like to request access to the resume book, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Associate Planner (Full Time – Hybrid)
CSG Consultants / California
Posted on: March 15, 2023
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
CSG Consultants, Inc. (CSG) is an employee-owned California company with offices throughout California. CSG performs work solely for public agencies, eliminating the potential for conflicts of interest between developers and agencies. In this way, we can focus exclusively on the specific needs of our municipal clients. Our Current and Advanced Planning teams are growing, and we are looking for professional planners that have great interest in growing and diversifying their skill sets here at CSG. We are currently hiring Associate Planners in the San Francisco Bay Area, Sacramento Region, Central Valley and in Southern California. This is a full-time, hybrid, 40-hour per week position.
Whether you are working from a CSG office, remote location or at a client site, you will be working in a dynamic environment, where your integrity, entrepreneurial spirit and pioneering mindset are championed. You will help us foster a culture of equity, diversity, and inclusion – a safe and respectful workplace, where we invite everyone to bring their whole selves to work, using your unique talents, backgrounds and experience to create positive outcomes for our clients.
Our associate planners are responsible for performing, with regular supervision, routine to complex planning duties in the administration of land use regulations, General Plan, environmental review, and design review. Depending on area of expertise, an Associate Planner may be primarily assigned to one or more of the following specialties: current planning, long-range planning, architectural review, transportation planning, or Geographic Information Systems (GIS) mapping. The Associate Planner works under the supervision of senior planning staff and performs difficult and specialized planning assignments.
Associate Planners Must Be Able To:
- Review project descriptions, plans, and field conditions and apply policy and code provisions to determine conformance.
- Interpret the General Plan, zoning ordinance, Subdivision Code and other policy documents.
- Perform research and data analysis; prepare clear and concise reports.
- Communicate technical reports, policies and ordinances to the public and decision-making bodies.
- Build relationships and work respectfully, tactfully and creatively with the public, agencies and staff.
- Speak and write effectively.
- Manage multiple projects and issues effectively and meet firm deadlines.
- This is a hybrid role. On an as needed basis, you will work from home or at a client office location.
- Ability to travel to client jobsites is required.
- Must be able to work independently or in a team environment.
- General office environment.
- Regularly requires working in sitting position with computer for extended periods.
The compensation range for this position is $35/hr. – $52/hr.
CSG’s comprehensive benefits package includes 401(k) plus company match, 12 paid holidays, 3 weeks of paid time off (PTO), medical, dental, vision, FSA, EAP, Life/AD&D, LTD, voluntary life insurance and casual work environment.
Required Experience / Skills / Education
- Two years of responsible professional urban planning experience supplemented by a bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with major course work in urban planning, architecture, or a related field.
- An equivalent combination of experience and education sufficient to perform the essential job functions and provide the required knowledge and abilities is qualifying.
- A Master’s degree in planning may be substituted for one year of the required experience.
- Principles and practices of planning and zoning administration.
- Environmental protection regulations as such California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA), National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA), Clean Water Act, National Historic Preservation Act, Endangered Species Act, etc.
- State and local laws pertaining to land use such as Williamson Act, Historic Preservation Program, Brown Act, etc.
- Principles of effective customer service.
- Research, report writing and presentation techniques.
- Statistics and math applicable to planning and property development.
- Common computer applications such as word processing, spreadsheet, database management, internet, video conferencing, and geographic information systems.
Please visit our CSG Careers page to apply: https://www.csgengr.com/job/associate-planner/