APA Los Angeles provides this job bank as a free service. Add a job posting. Submissions are subject to review for relevance to the planning community and will be published upon approval.
After you submit your job posting through the above form, consider browsing the APA Los Angeles resume book for potential hires. The resume book allows job-seeking planners to showcase their work histories and professional skills to prospective employers. If you would like to request access to the resume book, please contact email@example.com.
ECONorthwest / Culver City
Posted on: March 17, 2023
Application Deadline: Open until filled
Established in 1974, ECONorthwest has over four decades of experience providing economics, planning, and financial consulting services for a wide variety of private and public sector clients throughout the United States and worldwide. The Associate position is with our Urban Systems Team, which works on a variety of economic research studies and evaluations related to housing, real estate analytics, urban planning, economic development, transportation economics, and/or fiscal analysis. For examples of past ECONorthwest projects please see the projects section of our website: http://www.econw.com.
The California Associate would support the Urban Systems Team with technical analysis and project management responsibilities, and would have a keen focus on assisting with California projects and clients. The Associate position should expect to own a workstream in a larger project and may be primarily responsible for delivering smaller projects, under the guidance of a Project Director and / or a Project Manager. Associates structure their own analysis, and delegate work to Research Analysts and Senior Research Analysts as needed. They create sections of client presentations and report documents and may create entire presentations and reports for smaller projects with limited direction. They are responsible for tracking scope and budget. They often interact with the client on a day-to-day basis. Associates manage upwards to the senior team members in the firm and may coordinate with others on business development activities. Associates may work on or manage multiple projects and proposal efforts simultaneously, balancing time and resources across projects.
Required Experience / Skills / Education
• Degree in Urban Planning, Political Science, Real Estate, Economics, or a related field (Master’s Degree preferred)
• Minimum of three years of relevant professional experience in consulting or related context (Masters may substitute for one year of experience)
• Knowledge of California-specific government plans or policies affecting land use, zoning, public utilities, community facilities, housing, or transportation.
• Ability to create graphic or narrative reports on land use data, including land area maps overlaid with geographic variables, such as population density
• Strong skills in written and oral presentation
• Understanding of economic methods, theory, and practice
• Experience using relevant qualitative, quantitative, and/ or statistical methods and the ability to synthesize the key results for client deliverables
• Experience working with California or with California clients is a plus
Please submit a cover letter and resume in PDF format. Please address in the cover letter the ways in which you meet the requirements for the position you are applying for, and how your lived and professional experiences can help ECONorthwest deliver high quality products to our clients.
Apply online at: