APA Los Angeles provides this job bank as a free service. Add a job posting. Submissions are subject to review for relevance to the planning community and will be published upon approval.
After you submit your job posting through the above form, consider browsing the APA Los Angeles resume book for potential hires. The resume book allows job-seeking planners to showcase their work histories and professional skills to prospective employers. If you would like to request access to the resume book, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
David Moss & Associates, Inc. / Santa Monica, California
Posted on: May 16, 2023
Application Deadline: “Open until filled”
David Moss & Associates, Inc. – a land use planning and development consulting firm is seeking a Urban Planner: to (i) provide zoning/building permit due diligence, (ii) prepare and process zoning applications – CUPs, variances, and (iii) other discretionary and administrative permits, and plancheck expediting.
- Fast-paced environment servicing real estate development and telecommunications/broadcast Clients.
- Zoning/building permit due diligence analyses.
- CUPs, Variances, General Plan Amendments, Tract Maps
- Conduct zoning/building permit due diligence, prepare and process zoning applications – CUPs, variances, – discretionary and administrative permits, and plan check building permits in cities and counties throughout California.
- Experience helpful with public hearings and community meetings, and technical liaison experience with agency planning/building staff.
- Knowledge of land use/zoning codes, hearing processes, CEQA, and technical expediting with jurisdictional planning/building staff.
- Excellent written and verbal skills are a must – tracking billable time (Harvest), computer-based mapping and GIS helpful, as well as visual analysis.
Required Experience / Skills / Education
Best qualifications are experienced Urban planning masters/architecture graduates, undergraduates, agency and CEQA Experience. This is not an entry level position, 0-2 years of experience preferred.
This is a career-building opportunity – work with experienced professionals for housing, hotel, restaurant, entertainment/creative office, hospitality telecom/broadcast, group home/medical/hospital, charter/private schools projects.
Focus on urban core infill/adaptive reuse, parking/transportation compliance; ADUs, and telecom/broadcast, industrial and much more
Please submit resumes and writing samples to: David Moss email@example.com and Deanna Toms firstname.lastname@example.org