The Young Planners Group (YPG), now Young & Emerging Planning Professionals (YEPP) functions as a component of the greater American Planning Association and its Los Angeles Section. Our goal is to engage young and emerging planning professionals in ways that connect them with professionals like themselves in a social setting, as well as through workshops/discussions that foster professional development. With that in mind, through the year, we organize a series of social events and speaker engagements. The YEPP is open to young professionals 35 and younger and to students. YEPP membership is included with your normal APA membership dues.
If you are interested in learning more about how you can join the YEPP, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more about networking opportunities, professional development and mentoring opportunities, to encourage young & emerging planners to take on leadership roles within the state chapter and local sections, and to ensure the continued relevancy of APA to its membership.
The Mission of the Mentorship Program is to foster an exchange of professional expertise and innovative planning practices in an effort to provide participants the opportunity to enhance their career and personal skills through the creation of mutually beneficial relationships and friendships between students, young planning professionals and experienced planning professionals in the industry.
The Objectives of the Mentorship Program are:
- Recognize APAs commitment to professional and technical development;
- Accelerate and enhance career and professional development of participants;
- Increase knowledge of the technical and/or organizational aspects of planning;
- Make friends and develop long-lasting relationships between participants
Benefits to YEPP Members
- Gain a fresh perspective and additional experience
- Create valuable networking and recruiting opportunities
- Increase self-awareness of personal and professional capabilities
- Further professional and personal goals
- Enhance planning skills and improve performance
- Expand their understanding of the discipline
- Strengthen ties with the planning community and APA