APA/PEN Cross-Generational Exchange Panel Discussion
April 18, 2017 from 6:00 PM to 8:00 PM
Gensler Los Angeles Office, 500 S Figueroa St, Los Angeles, CA 90071
Join us for a Cross-Generational Exchange panel discussion. We will be hearing from three recent Planner Emeritus Network (PEN) honorees and three young urban planners in the early stages of their career. PEN members will give their long-range perspectives on how the planning field has evolved over their careers—while younger planners will share their perspectives on where the planning field is heading.
FORMAT: Each panelist will speak briefly about their careers focusing on prior and current planning challenges they have faced. Then we will open it up to questions and comments from everyone in attendance for a lively discussion.
GOAL: Everyone leaves with a new sense of purpose and ideas to invigorate their work.
- Lena Mik, APA Los Angeles Chapter, Young Planner Co-Director
- Stan Hoffman, FAICP, Stanley R. Hoffman Associates and Immediate Past PEN President
PEN Member Panelists:
- Robert Paternoster, FAICP; past Planning and Building Director and past Director of Queensway Bay Project, City of Long Beach and current PEN President
- Carol Barrett, FAICP, Assistant Planning and Transportation Director, City of Burbank
- Leo Estrada, Associate Professor of Urban Planning, UCLA
Millennial/Gen X Panelists:
- Brian Glodney, Design Director – Senior Associate, Gensler
- Nina Idemudia, Planning Assistant, Transit Neighborhood Plans – Los Angeles Department of City Planning
RSVP: Please respond by emailing Lena Mik at firstname.lastname@example.org
The Planner Emeritus Network (PEN) is a subsidiary of the American Planning Association, California Chapter and was founded in 1997. It is devoted to recognizing the efforts of those senior members of the planning profession who have contributed to California planning by their leadership and service to the profession. PEN members also are available to provide their personal insights, experiences and planning history when requested by the APA California Chapter Board or other organizations, groups and individuals.