We would like to invite you to join us as a member of the
American Planning Association (APA)!
As society’s demands on our profession increase, the need for planners to shape a vision for the future has never been greater. As a professional planner, APA is your organization. APA is the only organization that is dedicated exclusively to the planning profession. As a full member of the APA, you will receive all publications from APA, including Planning Magazine and newsletters from the California State Chapter and the Los Angeles section.
As a member, you can:
- Keep up with the latest planning and community development techniques
- Influence decision makers
- Network with other professionals
- Receive valuable products and services, such as books and insurance, at reduced rates
- Attend and participate in CCAPA and APA conferences
- Participate in reviewing and recommending positions on legislation
- Have the opportunity to join the American Institute of Certified Planners (AICP)
How to Apply:
If you would like to apply for National APA Membership, click here and follow the links to get started. You can sign up online or download an application and mail it to the address on the form.
Pay Your Dues Monthly:
Did you know that as a National APA Member you can pay your dues monthly instead of in one lump annual sum? Called the Dues Installment Program, this is an excellent option for any member who would like to enjoy a low monthly dues payment. To find out how you can pay your dues on a monthly basis, click here to download the application form from the National APA website.
The APA California Chapter also provides the opportunity for anyone interested in California planning activities to join as a Chapter-Only member. Chapter-Only membership is a lower cost option but some restrictions apply. For more information, click here to be redirected to the APA California Chapter website.
We hope to see you soon at an APA CA or APA Los Angeles meeting. If you need more information, please contact our membership director.
Interested in joining a committee? Let us know!
APA Los Angeles relies on standing committees to ensure services to members are provided year-round. Any interested member of the Section is encouraged to join the committee of their choice by filling out this form. A one-year commitment is requested.
- Awards Committee members assist the Vice Directors at Large (Awards) in coordinating the Section’s annual awards program.
- Communications Committee members assist the Vice Director of Communications, Social Media Director, Marketing Director, Web Director, and Section Historian/CPF Liaison to coordinate Section media, engage in partnerships, and promote Section activities.
- Membership Committee members assist the Vice Director of Membership, Diversity and Inclusion Director, Commissioner Representative, and University Liaison in supporting membership retention, expansion, and recruitment of a diverse membership.
- Programs Committee members assist the Vice Directors of Programs and Vice Directors of Professional Development in the planning and implementing of general programming, social events, and developing workshops and training for members’ professional development.
- Young & Emerging Planners Committee members assist the Young & Emerging Planners Directors in the development of programs that meet the educational and social needs of Section members with less than 10 years of experience in the field.