When Everything Breaks: Conversations on challenge, opportunity and equity in uncertain times
May 20, 2020 from 10:00 AM to 11:00 AM
CM Credits: 1
Join Tamika L. Butler, Ascala Sisk, Vedette Gavin, and Odetta MacLeish-White in conversation about a new and exciting framework that can be used to approach planning with equity.
- Hear about the way women of color are pushing the rest of the industry to examine the inequities laid bare during this global health pandemic.
- Consider how addressing disparities in access to opportunity that result from historical and continuing disinvestment in low-income communities and communities of color can only be achieved by adopting practices that recognize privilege and cede power
- Meet a diverse group of planning professionals answering the call to action to fundamentally shift the way we plan, build, program, advocate, and legislate our communities to ensure the health and quality of life for all.
- Tamika L. Butler, Director of Planning, California | Director of Diversity and Inclusion
- Ascala Tsegaye Sisk, Deputy Director, Center for Community Investment at the Lincoln Institute of Land Policy
- Vedette Gavin, Founder and Principal, Verge Impact Partners
- Odetta MacLeish-White, Managing Director, TransFormation Alliance
- Welcome by Sarah Syed, Chair, COVID-19 Response Committee, APA Los Angeles
- Ascala Sisk, Vedette Gavin, and Odetta MacLeish-White in Conversation with Tamika L. Butler sharing new and exciting framework to approach planning with equity
- Questions with panelists (Questions to be submitted via chat box)