Technology Tools in Planning
October 19, 2022 from 12:00 PM to 1:30 PM
No CM credits offered
The arrival of the 21st century ushered in the technological revolution. Today, we live in a world where technology is penetrating daily life more and more, significantly changing the lifestyle and work patterns, and overall how people live! With the increasing population densities and added demand on resources, urban planners have used technology to increase their productivity and help citizens to get more involved in the urban design process.
In this event, we are trying to learn what different types of technological tools exist in the field of planning and how they have been used for better planning practices across public and private sectors.
- Dr. Amir Hajrasouliha, Head of the City and Regional Planning (CRP) Department at Cal Poly San Luis Obispo
- Judy Fung, Solution Engineer ESRI
- Silvia Casas, ArcGIS Urban product manager ESRI
- Ryan Kurtzman, Smart Cities Program Manager City of Long Beach
- Sean Tucker, Lead Enterprise GIS Administrator and GIS Steering Committee Chair with Southern California Association of Governments (SCAG)