APA Los Angeles provides this job bank as a free service. Add a job posting. Submissions are subject to review for relevance to the planning community and will be published upon approval.
After you submit your job posting through the above form, consider browsing the APA Los Angeles resume book for potential hires. The resume book allows job-seeking planners to showcase their work histories and professional skills to prospective employers. If you would like to request access to the resume book, please contact email@example.com.
City of Lancaster / Lancaster, CA
Posted on: May 22, 2018
Duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Evaluates various forms of data related to planning
- Prepares staff reports, resolutions, reports, letters, zoning ordinance changes, and environmental review documents, as well as graphic displays
- Performs field inspections and plans reviews for zoning enforcement purposes
- Reviews development proposals and other requests made to the Planning Division for conformance with appropriate regulations
- Responds to inquiries for information from the public both in-person, on the telephone, and through email
- Presents planning reports to councils, commission, individuals, and organizations as assigned
- Processes permit applications
- Advises staff regarding planning, zoning, and environmental issues related to City and Redevelopment Agency projects
- Performs related duties as assigned
Required Experience / Skills / Education
- California Environmental Quality Act, Subdivision Map Act, Planning, and Zoning Law
- Laws, regulations, principles, and practices of government planning
- General plan, zoning, land, redevelopment, economic development, and environmental issues
- Current literature, information sources, and research techniques in the field of urban planning
- Statistical and research methods related to physical, social, and economic effects on communities
- Computer software including Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, Outlook, and PowerPoint
- Analyzing & Interpreting Data – Drawing meaning and conclusions from quantitative or qualitative data
- Reading Comprehension – Understanding and using written information
- Legal & Regulatory Navigation – Understanding, interpreting, and ensuring compliance with laws and regulations
- Professional & Technical Expertise – Applying technical subject matter to the job
- Using Technology – Working with electronic hardware and software applications
- Oral Communication – Engaging effectively in dialogue
- Presentation Skill – Formally delivering information to groups
- Writing – Communicating effectively in writing
- Customer Focus – Attending to the needs and expectations of customers
- Relationship Building – Establishing rapport and maintaining mutually productive relationships
- Bachelor’s degree in planning or a related field considered useful in city planning; one (1) year full-time experience in in an urban and regional planning, redevelopment or closely related function; or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Possession of a master’s degree may substitute for up to one year of required experience.
- Possession of, or ability to obtain, a valid California driver license. Must also be able to meet driving record standards set by the city’s driving policy.
Please submit your application at http://www.cityoflancasterca.org/Home/Components/JobPosts/Job/2557/1988.