APA Los Angeles provides this job bank as a free service. Add a job posting. Submissions are subject to review for relevance to the planning community and will be published upon approval.
After you submit your job posting through the above form, consider browsing the APA Los Angeles resume book for potential hires. The resume book allows job-seeking planners to showcase their work histories and professional skills to prospective employers. If you would like to request access to the resume book, please contact email@example.com.
Assistant or Associate Planner
Civic Solutions, Inc. / Southern California Region
Posted on: October 21, 2020
Application Deadline: Open until Filled
Who we are, what we do, and what we offer!
Civic Solutions, Inc. is an established, well-known and respected firm that is dedicated to city planning and community development staffing and consulting throughout Southern California. With the collective goal of contributing to the improvement of natural and built environments, we embrace collaboration, creativity, and innovation in every aspect of our work. We value and reward our employees with competitive compensation and benefits, including monthly bonus opportunities, and our management team is dedicated to the professional development and career advancement of our staff so that each can reach their full potential. We work both within city halls to assist staff in all aspects of planning, as well as from our corporate and home offices in the preparation of a wide variety of planning projects and documents. We are headquartered in San Juan Capistrano with additional office space in Ontario.
Civic Solutions, Inc. has an immediate opening for a full-time Assistant or Associate Planner.
The ideal candidate is a self-starter who enjoys working with a team, can work independently under general direction, has experience working in California, and possesses excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Examples of Duties and Responsibilities:
- Serves as extension of staff to municipal clients, processes discretionary permits, prepares project review letters, notices, staff reports, and makes public presentations.
- Prepares materials in support of zoning updates, general plans, specific plans, community plans, and housing elements.
- Works efficiently on multiple projects at a time under the supervision of a project manager, and is able to prioritize multiple tasks needed to meet deadlines.
- Interprets and applies applicable government codes, ordinances and regulations.
Required Experience / Skills / Education
- Bachelor’s degree in Urban Planning or City Planning or closely related field
- Experience in municipal planning and/or consulting: Assistant Planner 2+ years of related experience and Associate Planner 3+ years of related experience
- Microsoft Office
- Master’s degree in Urban Planning or City Planning
- Adobe, InDesign, GIS
If interested, please send your resume and employment application to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The employment application can be found on our website, http://civicsolutions.com/