APA Los Angeles provides this job bank as a free service. Add a job posting. Submissions are subject to review for relevance to the planning community and will be published upon approval.
After you submit your job posting through the above form, consider browsing the APA Los Angeles resume book for potential hires. The resume book allows job-seeking planners to showcase their work histories and professional skills to prospective employers. If you would like to request access to the resume book, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Dudek / California
Posted on: November 24, 2020
Application Deadline: Open until Filled
About the Job
We are seeking a housing planner/specialist that is excited about keeping up with California housing law and passionate about helping cities resolve their housing crises. The candidate would join our Planning and Urban Design group, which works collaboratively with experts across all disciplines to provide comprehensive planning and urban design services to public and private-sector clients. Our work is underpinned by the belief that great places derive success from the synergies of thoughtful design, first-rate public spaces, excellent mobility, and healthy environments. Our culture is the foundation of who we are and how we work. We are employee-owned and client-focused. We believe that people working in a trusting environment rise to the occasion and perform better than with top-down management and old-fashioned hierarchy.
Still interested? Does this paint an accurate picture of you?
You have experience preparing housing elements and/or other housing-related ordinances, programs and studies. But your interest goes beyond housing elements. You want to help California reform housing policy on both a local and regional scale to promote safe, affordable and vibrant communities. You understand how housing issues are woven through the principles of environmental justice. You are have experience partnering with HCD, HUD, CAHA and/or other local and State housing agencies. You are creative and self-motivated.
Duties and Responsibilities
The ideal candidate would excel at:
- Helping public agencies, community leaders and residents come together to resolve housing concerns and developing actionable solutions for meeting their affordable, workforce, and market rate housing requirements
- Eloquently articulating housing issues and navigating this often contentious topic in front of clients and community groups
- Researching what other states and cities are doing to successfully meet their housing needs
- Taking initiative and championing housing-related pursuits
- Managing, or assisting with managing, housing-related projects
- Working both independently and collaboratively
- Bringing a relaxed, friendly, and collaborative spirit to the Dudekian family
Dudek is a leading planning, environmental and engineering firm that helps public and private clients plan and implement reliable, effective, and compliant projects. Founded in 1980, Dudek has steadily grown to more than 600 professionals across the U.S., located primarily in offices in California, Hawai’i, and Oregon.
As an employee-owned company, Dudek’s culture rewards smart, productive team members with professional and financial benefits. Our offices are designed to encourage collaboration, sustainability, and connectivity with the surrounding communities.
At Dudek, we need inclusivity to succeed and diversity to lead. We understand that the best problem solving happens when diverse viewpoints and experiences are applied. We recognize that different perspectives, inclusivity, and trust build a stronger culture and add value to our firm. We celebrate our differences and strive to make meaningful progress toward becoming a more diverse company.
Dudek is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to hiring a diversified workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or other characteristics protected by applicable law.
Required Experience / Skills / Education
- Bachelor’s degree in City and Regional Planning or a related field
- Five or more years of professional relevant experience
- Master’s Degree in City and Regional Planning, or related field, is desirable
- Member of the American Institute of Certified Planners (AICP) is desirable
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Ability to collaboratively work in a team setting, and professionally represent Dudek in client/agency interactions
- Working GIS knowledge, e.g. experience with Urban Footprint ArcGIS, etc is a plus.
- Excellent research, writing, and analytical skills
To be considered for the position, please submit an application via Dudek’s Careers Page: https://dudek.com/join-our-team/open-positions/.