APA Los Angeles provides this job bank as a free service. Add a job posting. Submissions are subject to review for relevance to the planning community and will be published upon approval.
After you submit your job posting through the above form, consider browsing the APA Los Angeles resume book for potential hires. The resume book allows job-seeking planners to showcase their work histories and professional skills to prospective employers. If you would like to request access to the resume book, please contact email@example.com.
Planning Intern/Planning Technician (15 hr. min/Temp with permanent potential)
Art Rodriguez Associates / Arcadia, CA no remote work ($14 – $18/Hr DOE)
Posted on: October 4, 2021
Application Deadline: open
Small consulting firm seeks Planning Intern or Planning Technician to assist with site research, information analysis, plan review/revision and preparation of documents required to file land use entitlement applications and other related permits with city and county planning offices throughout Southern California. Excellent opportunity to get hands on experience. Flexible scheduling. Immediate positions available.
Required Experience / Skills / Education
SKILLS / MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
• A Bachelor’s degree in Planning, Public Administration, Public Policy or similar field
• Self-motivated team player with strong work ethic in a fast-paced environment
• Ability to read and interpret state regulations and county/municipal codes
• Excellent communication, research and writing skills
• Demonstrate strong and effective organizational and time management skills
• Proficient in MS Office, working knowledge of CAD or Adobe Suite is desirable
• Must have reliable transportation for site visits or trips to planning offices
• Experience working with City of Los Angeles a plus
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Conducts site research, prepares due diligence reports and findings reports
• Coordinates with Clients to prepare land use entitlement applications
• Works closely with community stakeholders, including City Council and neighborhood groups and presents at public hearings to garner project support
• Performs general office duties; answers phones, prepares files or mailings
• Updates social media platforms and performs other duties as assigned
Email resume, cover letter and two writing samples to Maria Impala at firstname.lastname@example.org.