APA Los Angeles provides this job bank as a free service. Add a job posting. Submissions are subject to review for relevance to the planning community and will be published upon approval.
After you submit your job posting through the above form, consider browsing the APA Los Angeles resume book for potential hires. The resume book allows job-seeking planners to showcase their work histories and professional skills to prospective employers. If you would like to request access to the resume book, please contact email@example.com.
Urban Planner – Land Use Planning and Entitlements
Psomas / Los Angeles, CA
Posted on: November 17, 2021
Application Deadline: Open until filled
Psomas is a 100% employee-owned, award-winning consulting firm specializing in construction management, engineering, environment, surveying and geospatial. We’re 600 employees strong with a rich 75-year legacy, and we’re expanding our footprint for exciting growth — which means plenty of opportunity and the added values of agility and flexibility that you can only get with a midsize firm.
Use your talents and passions to improve the environment for all humankind. We believe that Psomas is more than a company — it’s a place where each person becomes part of a team and has the opportunity to work on projects that make a difference. Psomas is a place where you can build a career — from your first job through retirement and all stages in between. We foster collaboration, teamwork, and professional development at every level.
The Psomas Land Use Planning and Entitlements Team is seeking a full-time Urban Planner for our Downtown Los Angeles location. This person will provide land use planning and entitlement support for exciting development projects across Southern California, applying land use policies and best practices in the preparation of land use entitlements, design, and site planning with local government entities.
The Urban Planner will perform preliminary zoning investigations and field studies. In addition, you will prepare and work in current planning, zoning, subdivision, and land use applications, including necessary findings, for projects in greater Los Angeles area.
With a people-first philosophy, we continue to embrace initiatives for a forward-thinking, modern day workplace. From bright, flexible office spaces to diversity and inclusion efforts, Psomas is a company that leads with intention and embodies a set of core values. We offer competitive compensation and benefits including:
- Strong pay + bonus programs
- Comprehensive Benefits: Health, Dental & Vision (through Kaiser, Cigna and VSP) + FSA, Life Insurance, Long/Short Term Disability
- Psomas Pshares retirement + 401(k) plans
- Hybrid + flexible work schedules
- Work + life balance with paid holidays + PTO
- Subsidized Public Transportation and Parking Program
- Mentoring, tuition reimbursement + career development
- Psomas perk events, activities, celebrations, swag + more!
We are an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Required Experience / Skills / Education
- Bachelor’s Degree in Planning, Geography, Architecture, or related field.
- A minimum of 1-year prior experience is required for an Assistant Planner, 3-5 years for a Planner and 5+ for a Senior Planner. (Title, job responsibilities and salary will be commensurate with your level of experience.)
- Experience with writing findings for projects and assisting in presentations for public hearings
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Basic knowledge of CEQA, Planning and Zoning laws, and the Subdivision Map Act
- Proficiency with Microsoft office: Word, Excel and Power Point
- Advanced degree in planning
- InDesign and other Adobe programs
Visit our website for application instructions.