APA Los Angeles provides this job bank as a free service. Add a job posting. Submissions are subject to review for relevance to the planning community and will be published upon approval.
After you submit your job posting through the above form, consider browsing the APA Los Angeles resume book for potential hires. The resume book allows job-seeking planners to showcase their work histories and professional skills to prospective employers. If you would like to request access to the resume book, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sr. Environmental Planner
WSP / Los Angeles, CA
Posted on: May 26, 2022
Application Deadline: Open until Filled
WSP is currently initiating a search for a Senior Environmental Planner with the opportunity to work out of Denver, CO; San Francisco, CA; San Jose, CA; Oakland, CA; Washington, DC; Miami, FL; Orlando, FL; Atlanta, GA; Portland, OR; Dallas, TX, Redmond, WA; or Seattle, WA.
As a member of our Federal Programs Team, the Senior Environmental Planner will:
- Lead and manage a team for the planning, development, and implementation of environmental projects to ensure that development projects comply with environmental laws and regulations;
- Participate in planning studies and documents related to environmental planning, including; National Environmental Policy Act documentation and/or other environmental planning documentation, figures and maps for environmental and transportation planning studies;
- Maintain and design project tracking mechanisms, process design, and record keeping;
- Initiate and coordinate project development requirements with WSP personnel, outside contractors, and agency / tribal stakeholders;
- Manage environmental and planning studies for a variety of federal clients;
- Oversee large teams on complex environmental planning projects;
- Plan and control project schedules and budgets;
- Manage staff and guide team members in the preparation of environmental planning studies; and
- Lead and participate in public and stakeholder engagement activities
Required Experience / Skills / Education
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in planning or environmental science
- 7+ years of relevant experience
- Due to client requirements, ability to obtain a Secret level US Security clearance is required
- Strong project and contract management experience
- Experience managing a team of nationwide subject matter experts
- Experience of managing National Environmental Policy Act Documents (NEPA) for federal clients
- Familiarity with rules and regulations related to NEPA; Endangered Species Act; Migratory Bird Treaty Act; Clean Water Act; and state and local environmental rules and regulations and related reporting requirements (e.g., Environmental Assessments; Biological Assessments; etc.)
- Computer skills in Microsoft Office Suite
- Potential to travel for short periods (2-4 days) approx.30% of the time
To learn more about WSP or to apply for this opportunity, visit https://bit.ly/3lKxQcQ.
WSP USA (and all of its U.S. companies) is an Equal Opportunity Employer Race/Age/Color/Religion/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/National Origin/Disability or Protected Veteran Status.