Do you want to be more involved with APA? Do you want to serve your fellow Los Angeles Section members? If you are ready to build your professional skills, consider joining your Los Angeles Section board in one of our vacant positions!
Benefits of joining the Board:
- Meaningfully give back to the planning profession;
- Have an impact on the strategic direction of the Section;
- Collaborate with your peers;
- Mentor future generations of planners or become a mentee of experienced Board Members;
- Build up and celebrate leaders in the industry;
- Build your skill set and enrich your resume;
- Grow your network of local planning professionals; and
- Have fun and make new friends!
We are looking to fill the following vacancies:
- The Vice Director At-Large (Awards), along with another Vice Director At-Large, directs the Section’s annual Awards Program and gala, coordinates award submittals for the California Chapter Awards, and chairs the Awards Committee. This Vice Director also assists with the development and implementation of special projects and activities of the Section Board.
- The Vice Director of Communication prepares, edits, and publishes the bi-monthly Section newsletter, and supervises the Communications Committee. The Vice Director provides information on Section events and activities to media outlets, and coordinates promotions and partnerships to generate awareness of the Section’s activities.
- The Commissioner Representative develops affirmative programs to increase participation of planning commissioners in APA and their attendance at workshops, seminars, and conferences. The position maintains a working relationship with the Chapter Planning Commission Representative. The liaison must be a member of a public board for a public agency in California when appointed.
Questions? Email Section Director Tony Mendoza at email@example.com.