We would like to invite you to join us as a member of the American Planning Association (APA).
As society’s demands on our profession increase, the need for planners to shape a vision for the future has never been greater. As a professional planner, APA is your organization. APA is the only organization that is dedicated exclusively to the planning profession. As a full member of the APA, you will receive all publications from APA, including Planning Magazine and newsletters from the California State Chapter and the Los Angeles section.
As a member, you can:
- Keep up with the latest planning and community development techniques
- Influence decision makers
- Network with other professionals
- Receive valuable products and services, such as books and insurance, at reduced rates
- Attend and participate in CCAPA and APA conferences
- Participate in reviewing and recommending positions on legislation
- Have the opportunity to join the American Institute of Certified Planners (AICP)
How to Apply:
If you would like to apply for National APA Membership, click here and follow the links to get started. You can sign up online or download an application and mail it to the address on the form.
Pay Your Dues Monthly:
Did you know that as a National APA Member you can pay your dues monthly instead of in one lump annual sum? Called the Dues Installment Program, this is an excellent option for any member who would like to enjoy a low monthly dues payment. To find out how you can pay your dues on a monthly basis, click here to download the application form from the National APA website.
The APA California Chapter also provides the opportunity for anyone interested in California planning activities to join as a Chapter-Only member. Chapter-Only membership is a lower cost option but some restrictions apply. For more information, click here to be redirected to the APA California Chapter website.
We hope to see you soon at an APA CA or APA LA meeting. If you need more information, please contact our membership director.