Abundant Housing LA: General Meeting with Planning Director Vince Bertoni
March 7, 2018 from 6:30 PM to 8:30 PM
Impact HUB 830 Traction Ave #3a, Arts District
Join Abundant Housing LA in a conversation with Vince Bertoni, Director of the Department of City Planning. The event will be a wide-ranging discussion on the future of planning and housing in Los Angeles, including Transit Neighborhood Plans (TNP), Community Plan Updates, and more. Come by to meet the Director and learn more about the plans that will shape housing and development in Los Angeles.
The conversation will be driven largely by submitted questions, so you’re encouraged to pose questions and comments prior to and during the event.
We will be located in the Arts District at Impact HUB 830 Traction Ave #3a, from 6:30pm-8:30pm. Happy hour at 6:30, with the conversation starting at 7. No tickets required. Limited parking.
Abundant Housing LA is an organization which advocates for housing affordability in the Los Angeles region. Here are our principles:
1. High rents and housing prices in the Los Angeles area are driving out long-time residents, decreasing diversity, stifling growth, and preventing new people from moving to our great city.
2. Rents are too high because of a housing shortage – there are not enough homes and apartments to meet the demand to live here.
3. We need more subsidies to build and preserve affordable housing, more market rate housing, and better enforcement of fair housing laws to solve the shortage.
4. Our short-term solution is to advocate for developments which will provide more housing, and our long-term solution is to advocate for legislative changes which will enable and encourage more housing to be built.
5. We believe strongly in diversity, equality, and social responsibility.