APA Los Angeles provides this job bank as a free service. Add a job posting. Submissions are subject to review for relevance to the planning community and will be published upon approval.
Senior Urban/Policy Planner
Kimley-Horn / Orange County, CA
Posted on: September 30, 2020
Application Deadline: Open until filled
Kimley-Horn, one of FORTUNE Magazine’s “100 Best Companies to Work For,” is looking for an experienced Senior Planner to join our team in Orange, California. The Planner will support our public and private sector planning practices with various policy, regulatory and design projects. Typical projects include policy and regulatory documents, General Plans, Specific Plans, housing studies, urban design, design guidelines and community outreach.
Required Experience / Skills / Education
- BS or MS in Urban, Regional, Community Planning or related field
- AICP desired
- 10+ years of relevant experience
- Experience working with public agencies and/or private development or law firms
- Familiarity with California planning practices, laws and requirements
- Proficiency in current graphic programs (Adobe, AutoCad, etc.)
- Familiarity with GIS programs
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a fast-paced team
- Some travel and evening meetings required
Applicants must be legally authorized to work for Kimley-Horn in the U.S. without employer sponsorship. We do not typically sponsor H1-B or any other work visa petitions.