Comment are off
Register Today for SCAG’s Free, Virtual Traffic Safety Peer Exchanges!
Connect, learn from, and engage with traffic safety professionals across the SCAG region this summer at SCAG’s Go HumanTraffic Safety Peer Exchange series! Register today for this free virtual series designed to bring together practitioners from the six-county region to explore topics like equity, reimagining community safety, and community engagement.
Don’t miss the great regionally-focused sessions taking place this summer:
- July 13, 1 p.m.: Human-Centered Safety in Rural Communities (Imperial, Riverside, and San Bernardino Counties)
- Speakers include: Jacob Alvarez (City of Coachella), Marina Ramirez (California Walks), and Rosa Loera (Muscoy Sidewalks for Safety)
- July 15, 11 a.m.: Traffic Safety in the City: Centering Equity and Access (Orange, Riverside, and San Bernardino Counties)
- Speakers include: Commissioner Michele Martinez (California Transportation Commission), Nathan Mustafa (City of Riverside), and Mark Friis (San Bernardino County DPH)
- July 20, 1 p.m.: Traffic Safety in Suburbia: Serving All Ages (Los Angeles and Ventura Counties)
- Speakers include: Stephanie Ramirez (AARP), Derek Towers (City of Ventura), and Tim Frémaux (Los Angeles Department of Transportation)
- July 23, 1:15 p.m.: Reimagining Community Safety
- Speakers include: Eric Bruins (Office of Councilmember Mike Bonin), Natasha Riveron (Safe Routes Partnership), and Barnali Ghosh (Walk Bike Berkeley)
- July 29, 1 p.m.: Safety in Suburbia: Serving All Ages (Orange, Riverside, and San Bernardino Counties)
- Speakers include: Councilmember Denise Davis (City of Redlands), Eric Cowle (Coachella Valley Association of Governments), and Marven Norman (Center for Community Action and Environmental Justice)
- August 3, 11 a.m.: Human-Centered Safety in Rural Communities (Los Angeles and Ventura Counties)
- Speakers include: Lucas Zucker (Central Coast Alliance for Sustainable Economy), the City of Lancaster, and more coming soon
- August 10, 1 p.m.: Safety in the City: Centering Equity and Access (Los Angeles County)
- Speakers include: Carl Hickman and Rachel Junken (City of Long Beach), Margot Rogers-Ocañas (Los Angeles Department of Transportation) and Caro Vera (LA Metro).