Join the APA Los Angeles Young and Emerging Planners (YEP) in a virtual panel and discussion on guidance and tools for planners entering into the profession and seeking employment. We have found that agencies and consulting firms have different hiring processes and vary in what they are looking for in potential candidates. We assembled a panel of hiring managers from public agencies and consulting firms currently hiring in the transportation, housing, economic development, and urban design fields to peel back the curtain on their hiring processes and share information on:
- Their hiring process (testing in, interviews, etc.)
- How they screen candidates and what they are looking for
- How to stand out through our Candidate Road Map (resume, portfolio, website, sample interview questions, etc.)
- Ways to interview the interviewers and find a job that is aligned with your professional interests and goals
- Additional resources to assist you in your journey!