Submissions Open: December 10, 2015
Submissions Close: February 10, 2016, 11:59 pm
Late submissions will not be accepted
Beginning on December 1, 2015, the APA California Chapter and the 2016 Conference Host
Committee (CHC) will be seeking online presentation submittals (including Sessions,
Workshops/Design Charrettes, Salons – and new this year – Quick Hits) consistent with the
conference theme of Crafting Our Future: The Art of Planning and focused on one of the following
six core conference tracks:
- Resiliency. Creative ways that communities position themselves to respond to change, including
economic, climate, planning trends and others.
- Sustainability. The “nuts and bolts” ways in which communities are promoting sustainability and
protecting the environment.
- By the Numbers (Data, Demographics and Technology). How are planners using data and
technology to analyze planning problems and inform planning recommendations.
- City Beautiful 2.0. What does the “City Beautiful” movement of the 21st Century look like and
how does it compare to its historic predecessor?
- Community Outreach—The Art of Communicating with the Public. New and effective ways to
engage stakeholders, use technology and hear a diversity of voices.
- Crafting Meaningful Regulations. Case studies that demonstrate how regulations can solve an identified planning challenge or problem.
Check our website for more details on the conference tracks: