2020 APA Los Angeles Board Elections
The American Planning Association of Los Angeles (APA Los Angeles) is seeking leaders to guide change in the profession and shape sustainable and equitable communities. APA Los Angeles is one of eight local sections of APA’s California Chapter, with more than 1,700 members in Los Angeles County. We invite you to our Board Recruitment and Mixer on October 13, 2020 6:30 – 8:00 pm. Registration information is on the event page.
Elected and Appointed Officers
APA Los Angeles invites candidates to serve in the Board as either elected or appointed officers. Please fill out the Nomination Form including 250-word maximum statement of interest and submit by Monday, October 26, 2020. Current APA membership is required or must become APA members before their terms begin (free or discounted first-time, Chapter-only, and student memberships are available). All terms begin on January 1, 2021.
Elected Officers. Elected officers serve two-year terms (1/2021 – 12/2023) and a four-year term for the Section Director. Voting will begin on October 30, 2020.
- Section Director
- Vice Director of Administration
- Vice Director for Policy
- Vice Director At-Large (Awards)*
- Vice Director of Professional Development
- Vice Director of Programs*
Appointed Officers. The Section Director with the advice and consent of the Board selects from the candidates indicating an interest to serve as appointed officers. Appointed officers serve one-year terms (1/2021 – 12/2021).
- Young and Emerging Planners Directors (2)*
- Equity Director
- Social Media Director
- Web Director
- Marketing Director
- University Liaison
- Student Representatives
- Planning Commission Representative
*Supervises standing committees along with another Vice Director/Director.
APA Los Angeles relies on standing committees to ensure services to members are provided year-round. Any interested member of the Section is encouraged to join the committee of their choice by filling out this form. A one-year commitment is requested.
- Awards Committee members assist the Vice Directors at Large (Awards) in coordinating the Section’s annual awards program.
- Communications Committee members assist the Vice Director of Communications, Social Media Director, Marketing Director, Web Director, and Section Historian/CPF Liaison to coordinate Section media, engage in partnerships, and promote Section activities.
- Membership Committee members assist the Vice Director of Membership, Diversity and Inclusion Director, Commissioner Representative, and University Liaison in supporting membership retention, expansion, and recruitment of a diverse membership.
- Programs Committee members assist the Vice Directors of Programs and Vice Directors of Professional Development in the planning and implementing of general programming, social events, and developing workshops and training for members’ professional development.
- Young & Emerging Planners Committee members assist the Young & Emerging Planners Directors in the development of programs that meet the educational and social needs of Section members with less than 10 years of experience in the field.
For detailed duties of each officer, committees, and Board, please refer to our bylaws or email Jeffrey Graham, LEED GA, Vice Director of Administration at email@example.com.