The APA Los Angeles Planning Awards celebrate the courageous work of our members in the face of last year’s historic events that shifted fundamentally for planners of color what it takes to be a professional planner. We are seeking applications that demonstrate the power of great planning and strongly encourage applications from underrepresented groups, areas of practice, and projects. Award submissions are evaluated by a jury of experienced planning professionals, and recipients are recognized through our communications platform. Our Awards Program shines the light on organizations, movements, and individuals helping communities in our diverse county heal and thrive.
APA Los Angeles is accepting applications from now and until Friday, March 19, 2020. Visit https://apalosangeles.typeform.com/to/ZQId1DHd to complete the application. Applications for California Chapter Awards Categories must first submit to the local Section awards program.
- Any plan, project, program, tool, process, report or ordinance may only be entered in one award category per award year.
- Any plan, project, program, tool, process, report, or ordinance entered must have been published, implemented, or completed within three years of the date of submission. Published drafts of plans are not acceptable. This does not apply to the Implementation award category.
- An individual may not nominate himself/herself (the individual) for an award. Anyone working on a plan or project may nominate that plan or project for an award.
- The application’s area of impact must be located within Los Angeles County, and the individual or firm or agency being nominated must be recognized for their work or impact within Los Angeles County.
- Prior award recipients may not be nominated.