APA Los Angeles is pleased to partner with Coro Southern California to present the inaugural Coro Women in Leadership (WIL) program.
According to the U.S. Department of Labor, women are 47% of the workforce but still earn only 79% of what men earn and make up fewer than 1 in 3 chief executives. Now, more than ever, we need women leaders at the forefront to address pressing professional and civic challenges. Coro’s new Women in Leadership program supports the leadership development of women across Southern California, establishes a pipeline for professional advancement, and creates a cross-sector network of women who support each other’s career growth. The program will engage mid-career women of diverse backgrounds from the private, nonprofit, and government sectors for intensive leadership development seminars and post-fellowship networking.
Women in Leadership meets for four, 2-day weekend sessions in March – April and requires a significant time commitment on Friday evenings, weekends and in between sessions. The program includes:
- Personal reflection leadership sessions
- Coro’s signature training centered on thinking critically and politically, communicating effectively, moving teams, organizations, and communities forward, and building strategic and authentic professional relationships
- Small group peer coaching sessions
- Unparalleled access to learn from some of the region’s top women leaders from across sectors
- Ongoing Coro networking events
- Weekly optional civic engagement and personal reflection activities
- Graduation & Celebration
As a result of participation, WIL cohort members will have:
- Increased skills and confidence
- Enhanced leadership abilities
- Expanded professional networks
- Increased ability to coach others
- Enhanced ability to effect positive change at work
Who Should Apply?
The Coro Women in Leadership Program is for cis, trans, and non-conforming women and non-binary individuals who:
- are committed to deepening their leadership capacity through Coro’s proven methodology
- are looking to expand their professional and personal networks
- are rising or established decision makers, managers and/or influencers at their respective organizations
- have a minimum of 7 years of work experience
- live and work in Southern California
Tuition is $2,500 for 50+ hours of leadership development training, individual and small group coaching, meals during program sessions and access to Coro alumni and cross-program events. Limited scholarships are available.
The Women in Leadership application is due Sunday, February 3rd at 11:59 pm. Apply Now!
Know someone who would be great? Nominate Them