California Planning Foundation is seeking donations for the annual Auction & Raffle at the California APA Conference!
The California Planning Foundation (CPF) is a nonprofit, charitable corporation with a mission to further the professional planning practice in California. In 2018, CPF awarded 39 scholarships totaling more than $58,000 to planning students throughout California. More scholarship information is available at the CPF website: https://californiaplanningfoundation.org/scholarships/.
CPF’s primary fundraising activities include the annual CPF auction and raffle events held at the APA California Conference, in Santa Barbara (September 15-18). One major change to this year’s event is a new auction format that will allow participants to bid online using a computer or smart device. Bidding on auction items will open up approximately two weeks prior to the start of the conference and the auction will culminate at the Online Auction Fundraiser, Celebration, and Reception Monday, September 16th. To pre-register to participate in the online auction click here.
This year, we’re excited to announce that the CPF raffle drawings will occur throughout the conference. You won’t want to miss the premier grand raffle prizes available exclusively at the CPF Online Auction Fundraiser, Celebration, and Reception on September 16th.
CPF always appreciates donations from our generous supporters. If you would like to donate items to the auction, here are a few suggestions:
- Weekend stays at your cabin, beach house, or local resort
- Day of consulting services
- Tickets to sporting events, movies, or live performance theaters
- New high-tech electronics
- Artwork, antiques, and family heirlooms designated to pass on
- New household decorating accessories
- Deluxe item(s) gift baskets
- Retail establishment, restaurant, coffee shop, candy store gift certificates
- Rare/out-of-print or “hot-off-the-press” planning books
- Individual bottles or a case(s) of wine
- Gift certificates
Remember, APA members are also CPF members, so if you want to support students and help defray the cost of their planning education, please donate. To donate items for the CPF auction or raffle, please email Aaron Pfannenstiel at email@example.com or Chelsea Richer at firstname.lastname@example.org for a copy of the donation form.