The 2016 APA California Chapter Conference in Pasadena is seeking proposals for fun and informative mobile workshops in the Los Angeles region. A tour can involve recreational activities, unique foods, cultural experiences, behind-the-scenes access, or other local destinations and experiences. We are seeking opportunities that appeal to a range of audiences – public and private sectors, urban and rural planners, current and long-range planners that will showcase the innovative planning going on throughout the Los Angeles region.
IS IT UNIQUE OR NOT WELL KNOWN?
WILL IT SHOWCASE THE DIVERSITY OF LA?
WILL IT BE FUN?
WILL IT BE MEMORABLE?
Submit a proposal in Word format to email@example.com.
The mobile workshop applicant will be primarily responsible for coordinating, organizing and facilitating the workshop. The Conference Committee will assist with transportation needs. In brief, the proposal submittal requirements and logistics include:
- Mobile Workshop Title: A brief but creative and enticing title that accurately reflects the focus of the mobile workshop.
- Description of Mobile Workshop: Describe what participants will experience during the mobile workshop, including any speakers, tour highlights and other key features.
- Destinations: Provide a list of venues or location, and time spent at each destination.
- Duration: The workshop should last between 2 and 8 hours.
- Trip Details: Including estimated travel time, time at each destination, estimated walking and/or biking distance, ease of travel, and mode of transportation.
- CM: Applicants are strongly encouraged to provide a reasonable amount of CM credits, which are the primary educational components of the tour.
- Maximum Number of Participants: Estimate maximum participants based on event logistics, such as bus size and/or venue capacity.
- Estimated Cost Per Person: Identify all costs, including transit fares, venue entry fees, etc.
- Core Audience: Describe what type of person will be most interested in participating in the workshop.
- Organizer and partners’ contact information.
Contact Steve Gerhardt, AICP or Michael Kennedy, AICP
Mobile Workshop Committee Co-Chairs at:
SLGerhardt@gmail.com or 310.614.0258
firstname.lastname@example.org or 213.261.3071