Call for Video Submissions! Striving and Thriving: Stories from APA Los Angeles Section Over the Last Year
2021 APA California Virtual Conference Los Angeles Section Showcase
So much has taken place since our last annual conference, and with it, a chance to reflect on what we’ve experienced, show how we’re moving forward, and share how we stay passionate about the work we do. With these considerations in mind, we are thrilled to showcase the diverse range of experiences we have all faced (and continue to face) over the last year by sharing video stories submitted by planners across our section titled with a session titled, Striving and Thriving: Stories from APA Los Angeles Section Over the Last Year.
Share Your Story!
Maybe it’s a quick 1-minute share of a new open space you discovered in a remote environment, tour of a successful outdoor dining conversion, successful advancement of an affordable housing program, or acknowledgement of the pain and trauma experienced by our fellow communities of color.
In the time of social media and virtual meetings, we want these stories to be short, creative, and personal–don’t stress about creating an expensive blockbuster feature. Use what tools you feel can easily convey your story (but check below for submission requirements to make sure we can compile and publish your story!)
Submission Topics Areas
We want to keep this as open as possible for you to quickly tell a story, but if suggestions are desired, consider submitting a short video centered around any of the following:
· Outdoor spaces and experiences
· Outreach and engagement
· Economic development
· Racial equity and justice
· Campus planning
· Remote student life
· Climate change
Video Submission Format and Submittal Process
If you are interested in submitting for our showcase, please check the following guidance:
1. Submit your topic with the following link no later than August 29th at 11:59pm!
2. A selection committee will review and notify applicants by September 1st if they topic has been accepted
3. Final video submissions due September 8th at 11:59pm
4. Videos will be compiled and submitted for presentation on September 14th
· Video Formats Allowed: Video Submission Formats Allowed: We will be compiling our videos into one movie, so please be sure to use a format where we can merge it with others (MP4 ideal). We can include your name as a caption.
· Duration: 1-3 minutes