LA County Department of Regional Planning and APA Los Angeles Present: Community Planning Month 2020 Speaker Series – Equitable Processes Build Great Communities
The COVID-19 pandemic and increasing levels of frustration with law enforcement have placed a spotlight on how communities are impacted by systemic and historic patterns of racism. To promote critical self-reflection and dialogue, the Los Angeles County Department of Regional Planning supported by APA Los Angeles, is organizing a speaker series during National Community Planning Month in October. The events will include presentations from local, regional, and statewide practitioners to encourage conversation about the historic role of planning in perpetuating inequities, and to identify actions for planners to focus on promoting equity and improving community well-being for Black, Indigenous, Latinx, Asian, and other Peoples of Color in Los Angeles County and beyond.
Register here for the events:
- Register for 10/8: Equity through Community Engagement
- Register for 10/15: Framework for Reconciliation
- Register for 10/22: Making Climate Equity Real
- Register for 10/26: Equity & Social Justice in County Government
- Register for 10/29: LA City Planning Racial Equity Action Plan