The 2019 APA California Conference is just a few weeks away! Registration is still open and the Conference Host Committee is looking forward to welcoming planners from all of the state to Santa Barbara. The conference website, apacalifornia-conference.org, has registration information, the full conference program, and other general conference information.
Check out these important reminders for conference attendees:
- Conference badges and tickets will not be mailed out to to pre-registered attendees. Pick them up at registration when you arrive at the conference. You can pick up your packet as early as Sunday morning. We also highly encourage you to register before you arrive at the conference to reduce delays and ensure your spot.
- No printed conference program provided at the conference. As APA is striving to make our conferences more sustainable and green, we will no longer be distributing a printed conference program to attendees. Download the conference’s mobile app for viewing the conference program easily. See instructions at https://apacalifornia-conference.org/mobile_app.php. You must be registered for the conference to log into and view the app. Refer to the mobile app user guide posted on the conference website. Additionally, the conference program can be accessed and downloaded from the website at https://apacalifornia-conference.org/conference_program.php.
- Mobile Workshops with limited space. If you haven’t already, be sure to register for a mobile workshop before they sell out! See the link: https://apacalifornia-conference.org/conference_program.php to see the full list of mobile workshops.
Other conference highlights and events for conference attendees to pay attention to include:
- “Representation Matters” at APA California’s 2019 Diversity Summit. Join planners from across California at the Diversity Summit on Sunday, September 15 at 4:30 p.m. in the San Rafael and Santa Ynez rooms of the conference hotel! This year’s theme is “Representation Matters”, and will focus on diversity and equity within the planning profession. Panelists include leading planners from throughout California from private, public, and non-profit organizations. And don’t forget to join us for the Diversity Mixer, which will be held on Tuesday, September 17 at 6:30 p.m. at Dargan’s Pub in Downtown Santa Barbara for drinks, conversation, and networking with colleagues.
- California Planning Foundation (CPF) seeking donations. CPF is still accepting donations for this year’s auction and raffle occurring in Santa Barbara as part of the 2019 APA California Conference. CPF’s primary fundraising activities include the annual CPF auction and raffle events held at the APA California Conference. This year, CPF is excited to announce that the raffle drawings will occur throughout the conference. Details available at https://californiaplanningfoundation.org/auction/.
- Volunteers! Know someone with an interest in being part of the conference? This year’s Conference Host Committee is still looking for additional people with an interest in supporting the conference’s efforts by getting involved as volunteers. Details available at https://apacalifornia-conference.org/volunteers.php
Please contact Francine Farrell at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any registration questions. Questions regarding your membership ID number or email address should be sent to Laura Murphy at email@example.com.