Comment are off
SoCalGas Climate Adaptation & Resiliency Planning Grants
SoCalGas is pleased to announce its Climate Adaptation and Resiliency Planning Grant Program for 2019!
The shareholder-funded initiative will invest $100,000 to support local planning efforts to help prepare for and recover from climate change risks, such as extreme heat, wildfires, drought, subsidence, sea level rise, flooding and mudslides.
In 2019, SoCalGas will award two grants of $50,000 through a competitive process. An advisory panel of planning and sustainability experts will select the winning applications from across Southern and Central California. Local governments that are participating in vulnerability assessments, climate adaptation and resiliency plans, or updating their local hazard mitigation plans to address climate adaptation through their General Plan process are eligible to apply.
Grant proposals will be assessed according to the following criteria:
- COLLABORATION: the extent to which the grant proposal reflects coordination and partnerships with a diverse range of stakeholders (energy/water utilities, transportation, housing, etc.)
- DISADVANTAGED COMMUNITIES: SoCalGas encourages applicants to address vulnerabilities in disadvantaged communities
- CO-BENEFITS: identify potential co-benefits of the adaptation work, such as benefits to public health, air quality, reductions in greenhouse gas emissions, and the economy
Applicants, please download our proposal Cover Page. Attach the following in a combined PDF file to the Cover Page (not to exceed 5 pages) to Geoffrey Danker, AICP by September 20, 2019:
- Project Description (Briefly summarize the project)
- Project Justification (Define the problems the project is attempting to address and how the project will provide a solution)
- Grant Specific Objective (Describe how the proposed project meets the grant’s criteria)
- Scope of Work, Projected Costs, and Project Timelines